Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm in Recife!!!


It's been almost a week since I have arrived to Recife. I had a bit hard time at the Airport in Sao Paulo, but I made it to here safely! My friend's apartment where I'm staying is located right in front of the beach and from my winodw, I can see beautiful ocean! It's facing East and I wake up everyday with sunrise, which is about 5am...most of the time, I go back to bed but I got a chance to take a picture!!!
Since I'm staying here about 3 months, I'm taking it very slow.
Yesterday, my freind took me to her host family's house and met a wonderful family! My friend has been in Brazil for about a year by now, and she seems to be holding the conversation very well with the family. I will try to learn Portuguese while I'm in Brazil, and by the end of this trip, hopefully I can speak a little bit. Since the Portuguese pronounciation is similar to Japaenese compare to English, it sounds a little easier, but then there are so many changes for verbs and nouns that English doesn't have, so I'm sure I will have a hard time. Well, let's see how it goes!!!